While skills make up the core of a character’s build in Diablo 2, it is gear that really makes a character special. With thousands of pieces of weapons and armor, though, it can be difficult to parse what is worth farming or using, and what is better left on dungeon floors and shopkeepers’ inventories.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of just what items you should be most interested in as a Amazon. Of course, whether any given piece of gear will work for you depends on your build, level, preferences, and desire to farm, but this is a general guide on what to look out for.
- Amazon essentially always wants at least one piece of gear with the “Cannot be Frozen” effect. The best item for this is the Raven Frost ring (or other similar ring), since it provides good boosts while taking up a less important slot.
- Amazon benefits less from +Skills than most other classes. While it can still be valuable, other stats are often more useful.
- Almost all Amazon builds, especially Arrow builds, are heavily gear-dependent, meaning you should expect to grind for gear as an Amazon more than more classes.
- Gear which boosts Attributes, especially Strength and Dexterity, is often essential in order to use some of the best gear.
- This needs to be balanced out with the need for gear to do more than just boost Attributes, however.
- Boots with +Walk/Run Speed are incredibly useful, and so finding Boots of Haste (especially if they also have elemental resistances) is useful.