The Echoing Nightmare is a dungeon tied directly to Greater Rifts. This wave-based dungeon can grant you even more gear, and a way to upgrade your equipment even further.
Entering an Echoing Nightmare
- To get into an Echoing Nightmare, you must first find a Petrified Scream from a Greater Rift.
- This is not a guaranteed drop from any Level
- Once you have one, you must transmute it in Kanai’s Cube, and you will be sent to the Nightmare.
- Unlike Greater Rifts, if you’re in a group, only one party member needs a Petrified Scream for the entire party to enter one.
Completing an Echoing Nightmare
- You cannot complete an Echoing Nightmare. You simply fight wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemies until you are either Overwhelmed (tracked by a meter while in the Nightmare) or you die.
- Once you’ve made it as far as you can, you will get rewards based on the highest difficulty wave you reached.
- The cap for rewards and monster difficulty is 150. While there are higher ranks, there’s no reason to go past 150.
Whisper of Atonement
- Whisper of Atonement is a unique reward for finishing an Echoing Nightmare.
- This is a Legendary Gem. However, it has no effect when equipped on an item.
- It is instead used for the Caldesann’s Despair recipe in Kanai’s Cube, to give a piece of equipment a stat boost.
- The rank you get the Whisper of Atonement initially will depend on the wave you have reached during the Echoing Nightmare.
- The highest rank a Whisper of Atonement can be when dropped is 125. The maximum rank it can be upgraded to is 150.
- Like with all other Legendary Gems, Whisper of Atonement’s rank can be increased by completing Greater Rifts within the time limit.